Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway will connect eastern Uttar Pradesh to western Uttar Pradesh, this expressway will pass through 22 districts.
The Uttar Pradesh government is making continuous efforts to improve the road infrastructure of the state. The government has decided to build the Gorakhpur-Shamli Expressway which will connect eastern Uttar Pradesh with western Uttar Pradesh. The expressway aims to provide seamless connectivity to Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
Once built, the Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway will be the longest Expressway in Uttar Pradesh. Presently the longest Expressway in Uttar Pradesh is Purvanchal Highway. Gorakhpur-Shamli Expressway will run 700 km through 22 districts and 37 tehsils.
Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway Quick Facts
- Length: 700 km
- No. of Lanes: 6
- Cost: Rs. 35000 Crore
- District Covered: 22
Gorakhpur-Shamli Expressway is a proposed six-lane Expressway that will run 700 km. According to the Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway map, the route will pass through 22 districts and 37 tehsils. It will cover Sant Kabirnagar, Siddharthnagar, Balrampur, Bahraich, Lucknow, Sitapur, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Badaun, Rampur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Sambhal, Bijnor, Amroha, Meerut, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli Expressways.
Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway will cost approximately Rs. 35,000 crore State and central governments will pay for the construction
It takes approximately 15 hours to reach Gorakhpur from Shamli and approximately 15 hours to reach Shamli from Gorakhpur. Commuters will have to use the Agra-Lucknow Expressway passing through Delhi. However, once the Gorakhpur-Shamli Expressway is made operational, it will take about 8 hours to reach Lucknow from Shamli.
Toll tax rates of the Gorakhpur-Shamli Expressway have not been determined yet. The fee will be determined when the expressway is completely ready. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) sets the charges based on the type of road, distance covered and other factors.
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) maintains the Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway. NHAI will also float bids for the construction of the expressway. The construction tender will be awarded to the party with the lowest bid.
Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway Route Map
Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway will pass through 22 districts and 37 tehsils of Uttar Pradesh. These districts are:
Districts: Antakbirnagar, Siddharthnagar, Balrampur, Bahraich, Lucknow, Sitapur, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Badaun, Rampur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Sambhal, Bijnor, Amroha, Meerut, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, and Shamli.
Gorakhpur Shamli Expressway Progress
It is being said that the construction of the expressway will be completed as soon as possible; however, a detailed project report (DPR) is currently being prepared for this. Land acquisition and construction will start as soon as the DPR is prepared. The work of preparing the DPR report was given to a consultant company in Nagpur two years ago. The expressway will be inaugurated before the Lok Sabha elections in 2024.
Benefits of Expressway
- The Gorakhpur-Shamli Expressway will connect Eastern Uttar Pradesh with Western Uttar Pradesh and provide better connectivity between the two states.
- The distance from Gorakhpur to Shamli will be significantly reduced. It takes about 15 hours to reach Shamli from Gorakhpur; Soon the time will be reduced to about 8 hours.
- An airstrip will be built on the route which can be used to deal with challenges and problems with China, hence the route will serve as an emergency route. Nepal and China will be connected by a new greenfield economic corridor.
- The railway will connect Gorakhpur and Shamli, which will increase import and export trade between the cities.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has announced a Green Corridor project. For this, thousands of trees and bushes will be planted on the roadside.
- More employees will be created during the expressway construction. Many agro-based and industrial projects will be built along the expressway to boost the economy of the state, which will create more employment opportunities.
Continuous efforts are being made to further improve connectivity in Uttar Pradesh. Many expressways are being built to increase the connectivity of the state. Now long expressways are being constructed in the state. It is being claimed that this too will be completed in record time. Let us tell you that at present the longest expressway in Uttar Pradesh is Purvanchal road. Its length will be more than Ganga Expressway.